introducing the NEW
Washoe flyers Ski program
A specialized multi-week program designed for skiers to learn in a team-like environment focusing on fun and adventure.
Mt. Rose knows the importance of creating the next generation of passionate outdoor enthusiasts. With multiple date options, affordable rates, and smaller class sizes (5:1 maximum athlete to instructor ratio) for more individualized instruction, young skiers will get to be with others of their own age and ability, and develop their skills in a world-class environment.
4 WEEK PROGRAM
4 sessions for $240
Rental equipment available for $80*
Lift Ticket or Season Pass REQUIRED for participation (not included)
Ratio: 5:1 (athletes to instructor)
*Rental equipment will be a 4-week ski lease. Please arrange the lease equipment prior to the first lesson. There are no additional passholder discounts for rentals.
Sessions are 2.5 hours, 1 Session per week. (SAT or SUN)
Lesson times: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
Session Dates: Feb 20/21, Feb 27/28, March 6/7, March 13/14
Sign-ups are on a first come / first served basis – Subject to sellout. This is not a first time skier lesson.
Make-up Days: Only if the resort is closed during one of the days that the program was scheduled to operate. Make-up programs are not available if a participant is unable to attend a session for personal reasons.
The program starts and finishes outside (on the snow) in front of Winters Creek Lodge.
- This program is not intended for first-time skiers
- A skills-based program focusing on fundamental skiing techniques in a non-competitive environment.
- Camaraderie is emphasized as like-minded youths engage in a variety of on-mountain activities to achieve overall skiing improvement.
- Smaller group sizes allow for individual attention while progressing on varying terrain such as groomers, bumps, trees, and park elements with the benefit of consistent training.
Participants must be comfortable riding the chairlift and skiing on blue trails, plus:
- Load/unload on the following chair lifts with no assistance: Wizard, Galena, Northwest Magnum 6, and Blazing Zephyr 6
- Can find their parents without assistance
- Responsible enough to go to the restroom on their own
- Get their skis on with minimal assistance and use ski poles
- Ski in a gliding (small) wedge and stop without falling
Participants will ride together on the chair. Parents who want their child to ride as a single will be accommodated.
- No additional discount if rentals are not needed. Pass holder discounts does not apply.
- Helmets Not Provided – Recommended that participants have their own helmet
- Make up Sessions: will only be available if a particular date is canceled due to resort closure. Make up sessions are not intended for individuals missing days for personal reasons. Should make up sessions be needed, the date will be Feb 20-21
Getting here on Time
To ensure you’re on time for the program to begin, please allow extra time for weather & road conditions.
Athletes will check-in with the coaching staff at the meeting area OUTSIDE (on the snow) in front of the Winters Creek Lodge.
If you are purchasing with the Rental Equipment option, please make plans to pick up your rental gear prior to the first day of the program. You’ll keep this equipment for the 3 weeks of the program and return it on the final day.
Fueled For the Outdoors
Please have your child fueled up with breakfast or lunch, and be sure they have used the restroom prior to the program start.
Please have your child dressed for the snow and ready to go at the scheduled start time.
Waterproof clothing, waterproof gloves, waterproof pants, and goggles or sunglasses are REQUIRED.
If you need any of these or other key clothing items, they may be purchased in 431 Sports (located in the lobby of the Main Lodge.)
Please pick up your child promptly at the conclusion of the program OUTSIDE (on the snow) in front of the Winters Creek Lodge.
Pick up times are 11:30 am for Morning Session and 3:30 pm for Afternoon Sessions.