Calling all skiers, Snowboarders, and amateur cinematographers!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE MARCH 12TH
WINNERS ANNOUNCED ONLINE MARCH 19TH
You could win BIG.
Get your cameras out, and start filming! Enter your short ski or snowboard video for a chance win big at Mt. Rose’s 3rd Annual Roses are RAD Winter Film Festival.
This season the event will be judged and viewed online at skirose.com. Judges will be voting on each video with these key criteria: Entertainment Value, Cinematography and Production and Rose Representation (features Mt. Rose the resort in the best way).
Video submissions will be open until March 12th.
The top videos will be chosen to be featured on skirose.com. Featured Videos will be released following submission deadline on March 12th.
New this year: The Peoples choice award will be decided by open voting online and revealed on March 19th when the final winners are announced. Videos with the most votes in both Adult and Under 15 categories will win a special prize.
Winners will be announced online at skirose.com on March 19th.
Incredible prizes including gear & swag will be given for the following categories:
15 Years and Over
1st Place Grand Prize
Under 15 Years
1st Place Grand Prize
Other Prizes Categories:
People’s Choice Award GROM
People’s Choice Award ADULT
Submission rules and details:
All submitted videos must adhere to the following parameters in order to be selected for judging at the event.
- Must include at least 75% of footage from Mt. Rose – Ski Tahoe
- One to three minutes in length
- Please, Mt. Rose prohibits the use of drones at the resort.
- Must not be intended for commercial use of another company.
- Must not depict any inappropriate behavior (Including but not limited to violence, nudity, underage consumption of alcohol, drugs, smoking, dangerous behavior, skiing in closed areas, violations of the Skiers Responsibility Code, swearing, etc.)
- Video must be your own original work with footage shot and edited by YOU.
- By submitting a video, you give permission for Mt. Rose as well as event sponsors to use and share video.
- Videos may include songs for extra creativity and personality
- Songs must be “clean” with no inappropriate language or swearing
- Other audio content (interviews, scripted talking, etc.) must not include inappropriate language.
- Videos must be submitted through Vimeo following these instructions:
- If you don’t already have one, please create a Vimeo account, they’re free and easy create! Click here to set one up!
- Upload your video in the maximum resolution possible.
- Set the privacy settings to “anyone can view”
- Copy video link and submit.
*All event details subject to change.
The fine print: By submitting your video to Mt Rose – Ski Tahoe and the Roses are RAD Mountain Film Festival, you grant the event sponsors as well as Mt. Rose – Ski Tahoe an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide license to use the entry in online galleries, promotions, and social media, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. In addition, you grant to the sponsors and Mt. Rose – Ski Tahoe an irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide license to use and distribute the entry (as submitted, or as cropped by the Sponsors) in any and all media now or hereafter known.