Roses are rad winter film festival
Calling all skiers, boarders, and amateur cinematographers! YOU have amazing footage, and WE want to see it!
Get the cameras rolling and get in on this fun event!
- Get your cameras out, and start filming! Enter your short ski or snowboard video for a chance to be one of the films selected for screening at Mt. Rose’s second annual Roses are RAD Winter Film Festival.
- The best videos will be chosen to to be featured in the Film Festival event, which will be hosted at Cargo, Whitney Peak Hotel in Reno on Friday, March 8th.
- If your film is selected for screening, it will be judged by an audience vote – so invite all of your friends!
- Not only will you have the chance to win some EPIC prizes (skis, snowboards, goggles, snow gear, GoPros, $$, etc…), but you’ll also get your film seen on the big screen.
- Video submissions will be open from January 1st through February 24th.
- CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO!
Tons of incredible prizes will be given for the following categories:
|15 Years and Over||Under 15 Years|
Other Special Prizes Include:
Submission rules and details:
All submitted videos must adhere to the following parameters in order to be selected for screening and judging at the event.
- Must include at least 75% of footage from Mt. Rose – Ski Tahoe
- One to three minutes in length
- Must not be intended for commercial use of another company.
- Must not depict any inappropriate behavior (Including but not limited to violence, nudity, underage consumption of alcohol, drugs, smoking, dangerous behavior, skiing in closed areas, violation of Skiers Code of Responsibility Code, swearing, etc.)
- Video must be your own original work with footage shot and edited by YOU.
- By submitting a video, you give permission for Mt. Rose
as well as eventsponsors to use and share video.
- Videos may include songs for extra creativity and personality
- Songs must be “clean” with no inappropriate language or swearing
- Other audio content (interviews, scripted talking, etc.) must not include swearing or inappropriate language.
- Videos must be submitted through Vimeo following these instructions:
- If you don’t already have one, please create a Vimeo account, they’re free and easy create! Click here to set one up!)
- Upload your video in the maximum resolution possible. (It’s going to be played on a big screen, you want it to look flawless!)
- Set the privacy settings to “anyone can view”
- Copy video link and submit once submissions open up on January 1st.
Hints for success
High qualitysubmissions are KEY! We expect to receive lots of submissions, so make yours stand out.
high qualityfootage, get your friends to help you shoot!
- Pick a great song that fits the vibe of your video and adds excitement
- Practice your skills! If you want to learn a bit more about how to create a killer ski edit, we’ve compiled a few links to help you out.
- Videos that feature Mt. Rose and other event
sponsorsmore heavily will have a better chance of being chosen for screening at the event!
- In honor of one of our partners, the Sierra Avalanche Center, videos that showcase a snow safety component will have a better chance of being chosen for screening at the event!
Check Bryan Merrill’s video to the right. It won Most Creative last year!
Links for Success:
How to make a great edit:
*All event details subject to change.
The fine print: By submitting your video to Mt Rose – Ski Tahoe and the Roses are RAD Mountain Film Festival, you grant the event sponsors as well as Mt. Rose – Ski Tahoe an irrevocable, royalty-free,