Multi-Week Youth Programs
Youth Program Registration Dates: TBD
- SKI & SNOWBOARD
- AGES 10-13
Rose Rangers is a specialized multi-week program designed for older skiers and snowboarders in a team-like environment focusing on fun and adventure.
Rose Rangers ski & snowboard program
Rose Rangers is a specialized multi-week youth program.
- Designed for older skiers and snowboarders in a team-like environment focusing on fun and adventure.
- This program is not intended for first time skiers or snowboarders.
- Skills-based program focusing on fundamental skiing and snowboarding techniques in a non-competitive environment.
- Camaraderie is emphasized as like-minded youths engage in a variety of on-mountain activities to achieve overall skiing and riding improvement.
- Smaller group sizes allow for individual attention while progressing on varying terrain such as groomers, bumps, trees and park elements with the benefit of consistent training.
- Activities may include but are not limited to: mountain exploration, obstacle courses, racing/gates introduction, and various other challenge-based learning opportunities.
Requirements for Participation
- Skiers and Snowboarders must be comfortable riding the chairlift skiing or snowboarding on green trails.
- Ski in a gliding (small) wedge and stop without falling
- Stop on a snowboard’s toe side or heel side edge without falling
- Load/unload on the following chair lifts with minimal assistance: Wizard, Galena, Northwest Magnum 6, and Blazing Zephyr 6
- Effectively communicate with coaches without parent assistance
All programs are subject to sell out.
- No additional discount if rentals are not needed. Pass holder discount does not apply.
- Helmets Not Provided – Recommended that participants have their own helmet
Make UpSessions: Rose Rangers make up sessions will only be available if a particular date is cancelleddue to weather. sessions are not intended for individuals missing days for personal reasons. Should make up sessions be needed, the date will be listed on the skirose.com homepage Rose Rangers/Kidz@Rose Updates Page. Make up
WHY CHOOSE MT. ROSE OVER
OTHER SKI & RIDE PROGRAMS?
Mt. Rose knows the importance of creating the next generation of passionate outdoor enthusiasts. With multiple date options, affordable rates and smaller class sizes for more individualized instruction, young skiers and boarders get to be with others of their own age and ability, and develop their skills in a world-class environment.
TIPs & FAQs – Rose Rangers Multi Lesson Programs
Rose Rangers is a specialized multi-week program designed for older (Ages 10-13) skiers and snowboarders in a team-like environment focusing on fun and adventure.
To ensure you’re on time for your lesson, please allow extra time for weather & road conditions.
Please check-in / register your child for each lesson.
Location: Mt. Rose Main Lodge -Lower Level at the Ski School Counter (Kidz@Rose will check in at the Kids Lessons Rosebuds counter).
Please have your child dressed for the snow and ready to go at the scheduled start time.
Waterproof clothing, waterproof gloves, waterproof pants and goggles or sunglasses are REQUIRED. If you need any of these or other key clothing items, they may be purchased in 431 Sports (located in the lobby of the Main Lodge.)
PLEASE NOTE: Clothing and eyewear are not provided with the lesson package and are NOT available to rent at Mt. Rose.
Fueled For the Outdoors
Please have your child fueled up with breakfast or lunch, and be sure they have used the restroom prior to the lesson.
Please Label Your Child’s Gear
Names on jackets, gloves, goggles, helmet, and skis prevent confusion and lost items. If your child brings anything extra (backpack or water bottle) please label it.
Please pick up your child promptly at the conclusion of the lesson OUTSIDE (on the snow) in the Lessons area.