Please Note – Lessons availalbe starting Saturday, November 16
All lessons available only with advance online purchase and are subject to sell out
PACKAGE INCLUDES: Lift Ticket / Lesson / Rental Equipment/ Helmet*
$135 ($145 Holidays)
We welcome our smaller guests to come and explore the mountain with our skilled instructors who focus on safety and fun. Classes are offered daily with concentrated groups formed according to age and ability. Rosebuds kids lessons maintain a 4:1 student to instructor ratio for beginners and up to 6:1 for more advance lessons.
* Lift Ticket / Rental Equipment / Helmet may be used all day
ALL KIDS LESSONS including slots for Season Pass Discounted Lessons are Subject to availability.
Weekends / Holidays
- Morning 9:00-11:30am
- Mid-Morning 10:00am-12:30pm *
- Mid-Day 12:30pm-3:00pm *
- Afternoon 1:30pm-4:00pm
* Season Pass Discount Perk Does Not Apply
Midweek / Non Holiday
- Morning: 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Afternoon: 1:00pm – 3:30pm
ALL KIDS LESSONS ARE BY RESERVATION ONLY
Rosebuds SKI & Snowboard Lessons
Ski: Ages 4-9 Snowboard: Ages 7-9
Please arrive early to ensure ample time for registration & equipment fitting.
Weekend / Holiday Registration opens at
Lessons include group instruction, rental equipment (skis or snowboard and boots), helmet and lift ticket for the day.
Season Pass Perks – Season Passholder Login Required
Rosebuds Ski and Snowboard Group Lessons – 50% off select lesson times. Passholder login required to receive discount.
Season Pass Perk discounts are not available during Holiday Periods 2019-20, which are as follows:
- Dec 21-Jan 5
- Jan 18-20
- Feb 15-17
Parent/Grandparent Must Have a Season Pass to Receive Discounted Kids Lessons
- What to Wear: Waterproof pants, waterproof jacket, waterproof gloves, and goggles or sunglasses are REQUIRED. These items are not provided and cannot be rented at the resort. Necessary clothing and accessories can be purchased in 431 Sports located inside the Main Lodge.
- Children ages 4 & 5 will stay on surface lifts (The Little Mule and Magic Dual Conveyor lift.)
- A child must be 4 years old or older to participate in Rosebuds
- A child must be 6 years old to ride chairlifts in a lesson
- All children must have an adult (18+) sign a liability release form.
- Rosebuds ski and snowboard program participation is through reservations ONLY.
- Walk-ins only accepted if reservations do not fill
- Rental Gear includes: Skis, Boots, and Poles OR Snowboard and Boots
- Googles and gloves are NOT INCLUDED – Available for purchase at 431 Sports
- Reservations NOT Checked in by 30 minutes prior to session start time will be rescheduled for a time later in the day if possible, OR Offered a refund
Same day reservations are not available online. Walk-ins are accepted on a space available basis (first come, first served). All online reservations must be made by 11:59pm on the day prior to redemption.
ONLINE PURCHASES: We know that severe winter weather or a sick child can cause a hiccup in your vacation plans. If you are unable to redeem your online purchase, please contact the Administrative Office at 775 849-0704 x 210 or fill out the Reservation Change Request form.
Ages- Ski: 4-9 Snowboard: 6-9
- $200 per person / per hour
- $200 each additonal child / $200 each additional hour
- Offered on the hour
- Please register at least 45 minutes prior to your desired lesson time.
- Private Lessons are only available at the mountain on a request basis / day of only.
- Day of purchases can be made at the Main Lodge and are filled on a first come/first served basis.
- Kids Private Lessons are subject to availability and sellout.
- Advanced reservations are not available.
Watch them progress
Our beginner lesson area is conveniently located at the Main Lodge. This allows for convenient viewing access from the snow or from the Main Lodge deck.
TIPs & FAQs – Rosebuds Kids Lessons
Ski: Ages 4-9 Snowboard: Ages 7-9
To ensure you’re on time for your lesson, please allow extra time for weather & road conditions.
Please check-in / register your child for each lesson.
Location: Mt. Rose Main Lodge – Lower Level at the Kids Lessons (Rosebuds) Counter.
Please have your child dressed for the snow and ready to go at the scheduled start time.
Waterproof clothing, waterproof gloves, waterproof pants and goggles or sunglasses are REQUIRED. If you need any of these or other key clothing items, they may be purchased in 431 Sports (located in the lobby of the Main Lodge).
Fueled For the Outdoors
Please have your child fueled up with breakfast or lunch, and be sure they have used the restroom prior to the lesson.
Please Label Your Child’s Gear
Names on jackets, gloves, goggles, helmet, and skis prevent confusion and lost items. If your child brings anything extra (backpack or water bottle) please label it.
The Session: Your Child will be in a lesson on the snow for 2 hours. The first half hour of the program is to fit rental gear and assemble and organize the classes.
Please pick up your child promtly at the conclusion of the lesson OUTSIDE (on the snow) in the Kids Lessons area.
Easy Viewing Area Watch their progress! Our lessons are conveniently located near the main lodge which allows for viewing access for most beginner lessons.
What to wear
Click through the gallery to the right to view our recommendations on what to wear for a fun and comfortable day on the mountain.
We recommend the following:
- Tall, Synthetic ski socks
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Waterproof jacket + pants
- Waterproof gloves
- Synthetic base layers
- Goggles or other eye protection