Rosebuds SKI & Snowboard Lessons
Ski: Ages 4-9 Snowboard: Ages 7-9
Please arrive early to ensure ample time for registration & equipment fitting. Weekend / Holiday Registration opens at 7:30am, Midweek Registration opens at 8:00am.
Lessons include group instruction, rental equipment (skis or snowboard and boots), helmet and lift ticket for the day.
- Morning: 9:30am – 12:00pm
- Afternoon: 1:00pm – 3:30pm
Weekends (Beginning Nov. 23)
- Morning 9:00am – 11:30am
- Mid Day 12:30pm – 3:00pm
- Afternoon 1:30pm –4:00pm
- What to Wear: Waterproof pants, waterproof jacket, waterproof gloves, and goggles or sunglasses are REQUIRED. These items are not provided and cannot be rented at the resort. Necessary clothing and accessories can be purchased in 431 Sports located inside the Main Lodge.
- Children ages 4 & 5 will stay on surface lifts (The Little Mule and MAGIC dual conveyor lift.)
- A child must be 4 years old or older to participate in Rosebuds
- A child must be 6 years old to ride chairlifts in a lesson
- All children must have an adult (18+) sign a liability release form.
- Rosebuds ski and snowboard program participation is through reservations ONLY.
- Walk-ins only accepted if reservations do not fill
- Reservations NOT Checked in by 30 minutes prior to session start time will be:
- Rescheduled for a time later in the day if possible, OR Offered a refund
Same day reservations are not available online. Walk-ins are accepted on a space available basis (first come, first served). All online reservations must be made by 11:59pm on the day prior to redemption.
ONLINE PURCHASES: We know that severe winter weather or a sick child can cause a hiccup in your vacation plans. If you are unable to redeem your online purchase, please contact the Administrative Office at 775 849-0704 x 210 or fill out the Reservation Change Request form.
Rosebuds Ski and Snowboard Group Lessons 50% off.
Perk discounts are not available during holiday periods, which are as follows:
- Nov 23-24
- Dec 22-30
- Jan 19-20
- Feb 16-17
Parent/Grandparent Must Have a Season Pass to Receive Discounted Kid Lessons
ALL KIDS LESSONS including slots for Season Pass Discounted Lessons are Subject to availability.
Ages- Ski: 4-9 Snowboard: 5-9
- $175 per person / per hour
- Offered on the hour
- Please register at least 45 minutes prior to your desired lesson time.
- Private Lessons are only available at the mountain on a request basis / day of only.
- Day of purchases can be made at the Main Lodge and are filled on a first come/first served basis.
- Kids Private Lessons are subject to availability and sellout.
- Advanced reservations are not available.
Watch them progress!
Our beginner lesson area is conveniently located at the Main Lodge.
This allows for convenient viewing access from the snow or from the main lodge deck.
TIPs & FAQs – Rosebuds Kids Lessons
Ski: Ages 4-9 Snowboard: Ages 7-9
To ensure you’re on time for your lesson, please allow extra time for weather & road conditions.
Please check-in / register your child for each lesson.
Location: Mt. Rose Main Lodge – Lower Level at the Kids Lessons (Rosebuds) Counter.
Please have your child dressed for the snow and ready to go at the scheduled start time.
Waterproof clothing, waterproof gloves, waterproof pants and goggles or sunglasses are REQUIRED. If you need any of these or other key clothing items, they may be purchased in 431 Sports (located in the lobby of the Main Lodge).
PLEASE NOTE: Clothing and eye-wear are not provided with the lesson package and are NOT available to rent at Mt. Rose.
Easy Viewing Area
Watch their progress! Our lessons are conveniently located near the main lodge which allows for viewing access for most beginner lessons.
Please have your child fueled up with breakfast or lunch, and be sure they have used the restroom prior to the lesson.
Please Label Your Child’s Gear
Names on jackets, gloves, goggles, helmet, and skis prevent confusion and lost items. If your child brings anything extra (backpack or water bottle) please label it.
The Session: Your Child will be in a lesson on the snow for 2 hours. The first half hour of the program is to fit rental gear and assemble and organize the classes.
Please pick up your child promtly at the conclusion of the lesson OUTSIDE (on the snow) in the Kids Lessons area.