First Time PACKAGES
Ski & Snowboard GROUP Lessons
$145 ( $135 advanced online purchase )
If you’ve never skied before but think it’s time for you to get out on the slopes, this is your starting point. Learn the basic skills to kick-start your passion for skiing or snowboarding with dedicated and professional instructors.
First Timer Packages include:
1. Lift Ticket (Beginner Lifts ONLY – Magic / Wizard)
2. Rental Gear:
- Ski Package: Skis / Boots / Poles
- Snowboard Package: Snowboard / Boots
3. Lesson – 2 Hour First Time Lesson
- Mt. Rose does not rent clothing
- Goggles, gloves, clothing, and other items are available for sale in 431 Sports at the Main Lodge.
Have you already taken a First Time lesson? Check out our Next Step Lesson Package!
Looking for two consecutive days of beginner lessons? Our Flight Plan offers a First Time Package and a Next Step Lesson Package back to back for the ultimate beginner experience.
Flight Plan: $245 ($235 advanced online purchase )
Want more than one day on the slopes? Take advantage of our Flight Plan: First Time Package for your first day on skis or a snowboard followed by a Next Step Package the next day. Two consecutive days allows for more improvement and experiencing more of the mountain!
First Time Group SKI & Snowboard Lessons
First Time Group Lesson Package
The First Time Group Package includes:
- Lift Ticket to our dedicated beginner lifts: Magic, Galena, and Wizard
- Beginner rental equipment (ski or snowboard, boots and poles for skiers) good for the entire day!
- 2 hour Group Lesson beginning at 10am or 1pm (or stations starting 9:00am during weekend and holiday periods)
- Helmet not Included – available to rent
- Morning: 10:00am
- Afternoon: 1:00pm
- Holidays: During this period, you can begin your lesson at any point of the day. Simply arrive an hour earlier than you would like to begin your lesson. After January 6th, please arrive for either the 10:00am or 1:00pm lesson. Please begin at Station 1 once you have your rental equipment. Station teaching begins at 9:00am. Station teaching runs from the Christmas holidays through Sunday, January 6th
PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY – best practice is to arrive an hour early to allow time to get rental equipment.
PLEASE NOTE – During busier periods (Weekends & Holidays) first time lessons are conducted by stations with ongoing lessons throughout the day. Once you have your rental equipment you may proceed to Station 1. Station teaching will occur from the Christmas holidays through Sunday, January 6th. This means you can arrive for your lesson at any point throughout the day.
For First Time Package lessons after January 6th, please either arrive for the 10:00am lesson or the 1:00pm lesson.
Rental equipment geared for beginners includes skis, boots & poles or snowboard and boots. If under age 18 a parent or guardian signature is required. Visa, Mastercard or American Express required for deposit. (ONLINE purchases must be booked by 10pm for the following day’s lesson.)
Same day reservations are not available online. Walk-ins are accepted on a space available basis (first come, first served). All online reservations must be made by 11:59pm on the day prior to redemption.
ONLINE PURCHASES: We know that severe winter weather or a sick child can cause a hiccup in your vacation plans. If you are unable to redeem your online purchase, please contact the Administrative Office at 775 849-0704 x 210 or fill out the Reservation Change Request form.
What to wear
Click through the gallery to the right to view our recommendations on what to wear for a fun and comfortable day on the mountain.
We recommend the following:
- Tall, Synthetic ski socks
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Waterproof jacket + pants
- Waterproof gloves
- Synthetic base layers
- Goggles or other eye protection